In addition to the comprehensive ophthalmology services we provide, our practice features an optical center with a wide array of eyeglass frames and contact lenses to suit every look and budget. Patients can choose frames from many elite designers, as well as stylish yet affordable alternatives. In addition, we carry a full line of frames for children and teens and a great selection of athletic eyewear. Our convenient on-site location eliminates the hassle of having to take your prescription to another location in order to fill your vision correction needs.
When visiting our optical center, patients will be seen by one of our experienced opticians, who will help you decide which frames are best for you. Many factors are taken into consideration, including your personal style, the shape of your face and your coloring. We offer a tremendous variety of eyewear from top quality designer and fashion manufacturers to fit every style.
Choosing the Right Lenses
Choosing the right lenses for your prescription needs is just as important as finding a frame that suits you. There are many options available today and our knowledgeable staff is happy to help you find the one that is best for you. Some lenses are thinner and lighter than others, lending themselves to stronger prescriptions, rimless styles and smaller frames. Others are top-of-the-line polycarbonate for the maximum scratch and impact resistance available, which makes them perfect for active individuals. Some of the most popular, useful features chosen by our customers are anti-reflective coatings, dirt resistance and provide 100% UVA and UVB protection.
A Selection of Contact Lenses
If you opt for contact lenses, our staff can evaluate your needs in order to fit you correctly and comfortably. We can help you navigate the many choices such as daily wear, extended wear and disposables to perfectly suit your lifestyle. We offer a selection of all of the top contact lens brands, including Acuvue, CIBA Air Optix, Bausch & Lomb, Fresh Look and Proclear.
There are contact lens types available to meet your every need:
- Bifocal/Multifocal lenses provide clear vision for those who have trouble seeing at more than one distance. Bifocals can improve both reading and far distance, while multifocals also provide clarity to the middle distance, such as for doing computer work.
- Monovision lenses are another way to correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness if bifocal lenses aren't comfortable. With this solution, the lens in one eye corrects your near vision and the lens in the other eye corrects your distance vision.
- Astigmatism correction can be achieved using contact lenses to make blurry or distorted vision sharp once more.
- Colored contacts can change the color of your eyes either subtly or dramatically while also correcting your vision.
- Disposable lenses require no maintenance because they are worn for the day, then discarded.
Our full service optical boutique is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Walk-in customers and new patients are always welcome in our optical department! No appointment necessary.